Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Summer Courses

With spring semester coming to an end it is time to start thinking ahead. We need to choose our classes for fall and see what are our best options. I am ahead of what I am supposed to be by nine units. This gives me an advantage in completing my general education requirements in less than two semesters. I want to be further ahead by taking at least one summer course. The issue is that I am curious to see if financial aid can cover it for me. Having my summer course paid for would be very helpful but it’s risky in a way. In order to be considered for financial aid covered one must be registered for a summer course regardless. So at the end of the day if I do not get financial aid to cover my course I will be enjoying summer in school and also working to pay the bill I will be receiving. Stanislaus State stressing the idea of graduating in four years. I know this is barley my second semester but when I think about it that goal seems hard to achieve for many. Depending the degree trying to be pursued also depends how many prerequisites there is to be taken. So those prerequisites may then take up an extra semester. That is where the university plays a role in help out students in order to achieve that four-year time frame. That can be done with the help of providing more affordable classes or rearranging the game plan they have for students. 

1 comment:

  1. I get what you're saying because I wanted to take a summer course but at MJC to get ahead but they fill up fast so I might look into courses here at Stan.

    ReplyDelete