Monday, May 15, 2017

My Biggest Regret


Overall college has been great. Every single day that I’m on campus I enjoy my time. I always see my old friends from high school but also the new friends I made throughout the school year. College did have its tough moments when it came down to midterms but it was mainly relaxed if I did my work. This school year was one of learning not only in the classroom but also on how to deal with managing school, work, and the bit of a social life one may have. My first semester went very well but unfortunately this second semester has not been the same. I thought I was going to be able to manage everything going on in my life. It’s not much but it keeps me busy. This second semester I began working at AutoZone and it has had both its pros and cons. The main con though is that I have noticed how time consuming this job has been for me. I work part time but the part that affected me was the late shifts at night I would work. Closing the store at eleven but still having to finish closing task and be getting home past midnight and then resting to go to class. I know that having a job has played a huge factor on limiting my full potential in school. It takes the bit of time I have to work on school assignments. Even with time management it’s not enough as I end up mentally and physically drained. I regret working and dedicating so much time to work as I know what truly matters is school. It’s a mistake that I can’t undo but learn from.

No comments:

Post a Comment